How do you know that the person you’re dating is the right one?
- He always brags about you and tells everybody about your achievements. If you get a promotion at work or even just win concert tickets, he can’t resist telling everyone you know before you even think to mention it. Because it’s important for him...Really important.
- Even after years of being together, he still does those little chivalrous things for you. Like carry you to your doorstep when your feet hurt after wearing high heels all day and you just can’t bear to walk one more step.
- He doesn’t try to change you. He knows your faults: that you’re messier than him, that you always need a pet cat, and that you can’t cook to save your life. But all of that — and everything else — is alright by him.
- He misses you. It isn’t just a sweet thing he says. It’s a reality when you haven’t seen each other for a long time.
- You can cry in front of him without feeling embarrassed. He knows when you need to be cared for and he’ll always support you or give the right advice.
- When your friends complain about their significant others, you get kind of quiet because you don’t have much to contribute. You don’t want to brag, but you just don’t have to deal with any of that nonsense because your significant other is just so great to you.
- He’s close with your family, and he’s made sure you’re on good terms with his. He’ll call your dad or your grandma without any hesitation. It just makes sense that you’d go to his brother’s birthday party, even if he’s not there.
- Your friends are his friends, too. And he cares about them. If one of them is having a bad day, he suggests you go spend time with this friend or invite him or her to hang out together. If he hasn’t heard someone’s name in a while, he asks how he or she is doing.
- He’s comfortable with the fact that sometimes get angry. He understands that we’re all human, and we can all hit a rough patch. The only thing that bothers him about the situation is that you’re upset and he wishes you weren’t.
- He tells you, out of the blue, that you are beautiful. And it’s on the day you didn’t dry your hair or put on make-up or even change out of your T-shirt and sweatpants.
- You can do things together without fighting all the time. For instance, travelling together doesn’t turn into a catastrophe when you’ve just started packing up.
But just remember: a relationship is a two-way street, and you shouldn’t just expect wonderful and incredible achievements and actions from your man alone. You have to support him in the same way, as much as you can, as well.